Bulwark successfully completed various projects comprising of geotechnical investigations, mine residue deposits’ surveillance and monitoring as well as mining water use license applications for the following major clients.
NKOMATI NICKEL MINE (in collaboration with Geo Tail)
• Surveillance and monitoring for mine residue deposit ongoing
• Geotechnical investigations for Topsoil Stockpiles
• Open Pit backﬁll design and closure considerations
• Development and review of mine residue deposits’ code of practice and standard operating manuals
• Piezocone testing for trailing, storage facilities
• Onverwacht Tailing Storage Facility step-in construction quality assurance
LTE CONSULTING (in collaboration with Mukona Consulting Engineers)
• Geotechnical investigations for Tembisa Water & Sanitation Depot, Tembisa, Gauteng
• Desktop study and geotechnical investigations for Price George Park Sports Ground, Boksburg, Gauteng
• Geotechnical investigations for Kutlwanong Waste Water Treatment Works, Welkom, Free State
• Geotechnical investigations for a 7-Storey Birchleigh-North Archive Centre, Kempton Park, Gauteng
GEOVICON ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANTS
• Integrated conceptual design for discard dumps, pollution control dams and storm water diversion channels
in support of the mine water use license application.